Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Boot Camp: Day 2

Pain makes you beautiful?

An insane amount of running around and around the American Airlines Center parking lot. Lots of weight lifting. Ridiculous stuff like “cherry pickers” (which we always called squat thrusts in elementary school P.E.), squats, and tons of ab work.

The good news: I didn’t feel like throwing up until after I left as opposed to in the middle like on Monday. I also didn’t see little black floating pools under my eyelids like I did on Monday that made me feel certain I was either going to faint or die at any moment. This is all positive.

Here's the only thing that got me out of bed at 4:30 today - last night, telling my brother-in-law I was going to quit for sure, he said, "People often trade what they really want for what they want right now." I think I might do that a lot in my life.

I am in a lot of pain, and I didn’t even do that well today. Abby, Billi, and Steven, however, were awesome. I can only aspire to such awesomeness. And hope that 12-hour Aleve kicks in very soon.

On the iTunes: "Scars," Papa Roach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home