Monday, June 13, 2005

Boot Camp: Day I

Alarm goes off at 4:30. I move Jasmine, sit up, put my feet on the floor and say, out loud, “This is ridiculous.”

Before the sun comes up, I will have run about a mile and a half, done calesthenics, and taken the military fitness test. Prognosis: 31 military-style push-ups (no girl push-ups; how rude), 20 military-style sit-ups (very disappointed in myself on that one), and a probably very-slow mile.

Things I realized about myself: I am much more out of shape than I thought, and I really am 34.

When you wake up at 4:30, you’re pretty much ready for lunch by 10.

Yay, boot camp.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did great! She brought hot friends! She didn't quit!

Showing up & not quitting & no throwing up = success.

3:14 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Um, I can't believe it either. And I'm not totally sure "brave" is the right word. :) Either way, I am in so much pain!

9:29 AM  
Blogger GFTS said...

I want to go. No, wait. No, I don't. I thought you said Boob Camp.

1:33 PM  
Blogger GFTS said...

http://youknowwooderson.blogspot.com/

"Later, a doctor will tell me that I'm mildly retarded."

1:33 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Ah, yes, the ever-popular Boob Camp... I remember my days there fondly...

Oh, wait. God didn't choose me that day. And so it goes.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home