Thursday, May 26, 2005

And now, a survey

1. My uncle once: said to me, "How much weight have you gained, there, Pam?"
2. Never in my life: will I become a true cynic no matter how hard the
world tries.
3. When I was five: I killed myself. My big years were 4 & 6.
4. High School was: a blast of big hair, ridiculous fun & an asshole
of a boyfriend.
5. I will never forget: that people died eating at Jack in the Box
6. I once met: my match. we tussled.
7. There's this girl I know: who I am great friends with only because
she was roommates with a girl who I became great friends with only
because she was great friends with a guy who hit on me at an all-night
diner at 4 in the morning.
8. Once, at a bar: one million times, at a bar
9. By noon I'm usually: starving, antsy, and looking to my left
10. Last night: I stayed up much too late & had three too many Stellas
11. If I only had: gone to bed much earlier. If only my alarm hadn't
gone off at 6.
12. Next time I go to church: will probably be ten days from now
13. Terry Schiavo: is way too much to get into in a survey
14. What worries me most: is that I will never reach the level of
success I want. That I will never change my ways.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: the elevators & stairs.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: Jen, Sok-Kien & Charles
17. You know I'm lying when: you think I'm lying & I start to laugh.
18. What I miss most about the eighties: is not hairspray.
19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: Ophelia.
20. By this time next year: my life will be largely the same
21. A better name for me would be: Jill. Or Ophelia.
22. I have a hard time understanding: numbers, fax machines, and Sam on a cell phone.
23. If I ever go back to school I'll: become a psychologist.
24. You know I like you if: I get shy, laugh a lot, or call to tell
you small things. I know you like me if you call back to hear them.
25. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my mother
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: evolutionized classical rockabilly politics
27. Take my advice: call your mother often. Remember the Golden Rule.
"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
28. My ideal breakfast is: a Balance Bar & an iced grande vanilla
nonfat latte from starbucks. Or a diet vanilla pepsi.
29. A song I love, but do not have is: "Hate It or Love It" – the Game
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: leaving as soon as possible
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: are things that
belong on t-shirts
32. Why won't people: just be normal.
33. If you spend the night at my house: my cat will sleep on your chest.
34. I'd stop my wedding for: a panic attack
35. The world could do without: people who leave their turn signals
on, people who laugh at things they say that aren't funny, flakes,
tofu, and the phrase "yada yada yada."
36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: sit in the middle
seat in an airplane
37. My favorite blonde is: I don't know any real blondes except beau
disco & the last time I saw him he was getting browner by the second.
38. Paper clips are: fun to bend into shapes
39. If I do anything well, it's: type
40. And by the way: "I tried to say I'd be there… waiting for…"

3 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

p,
these things are addictive:) love #3, #18, & #36.

But no, you're not a Jill.
You're Pamela.

11:30 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Oh, okay. If I must be. ;)

11:26 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Well, my new "personal shopper" at Nordstrom (as she called herself) introduced me to someone as "Lynn." So maybe that's my other name. Who knew?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home