Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Some Wholly Unrelated and Ultimately Arrogant Bits & Pieces

- An Important Announcement about Bubble Gum

Bubble gum does not go with coffee.
Nor does it go with Gatorade.
And yet, I drank my coffee and chewed my bubble gum.
Then I threw away my coffee cup and my bubble gum, and I took out a new piece of bubble gum, and then I drank some Gatorade.
Yum. I like Orbit.

- The Degree to which One Can Be Disliked

On Friday, I find out a piece of information about someone/some situation that I had not previously known. I can’t say I’m 100% surprised – in fact, some things make much more sense now – but I am somewhat surprised. I tell Abby. She stares back at me, blank, then says, “Yeah? Shocker.”
Me: Really? You had a feeling that’s what happened?

I’m wondering how Abby is more tapped into the situation than I am, though all too often in life we are the last ones to clue into our own situations. Why is this?

Abby: No. But I already dislike X so much, nothing you could tell me could make me dislike X any more than I already do. That’s how much I dislike X.

Wow.

Also of note, there were 35 s’s in that section. Okay, that's not really of note. But is any of this, really? (See below: Quote of the Day)

- Update on Emma and the Aunt-Pammy-Needs-to-Have-a-Baby Convo:

Two nights ago, before dinner:
I’m holding the baby.
Emma: Let’s pretend that you’re my mother and baby Reed is still in your tummy. But we won’t talk about it, okay?
Me: Why won’t we talk about it?

Seems to me we already have?

Emma: Because it will make you upset. Right?
Me: It’s okay, Emma. We can talk about it if you want to.
Emma: But you won’t be sad?
Me: I won’t be sad.

For a four-year-old, I think her memory and attention to sensitivity are remarkable.

A Quote for Today
Dan, the intern: I don't have a weblog. I'm not arrogant enough to think that the goings-on of my day are of interest to anyone else.

Upcoming Arrogance: Boot Camp: Day 2
On the iTunes: Coldplay, "Fix You"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home