Wednesday, June 01, 2005

This One Goes to 11

1. Yes. Michael Vartan.
2. I should wear heels more often.
3. “Pain makes you beautiful.” (A beer for anyone who can name the band without Googling.)
4. Sleep deprivation is highly underrated.
5. Whenever you think something nice about someone, it’s good to say so.
6. Damien Rice: Beautiful music (to slit your wrists to).
7. “Hitting refresh will not make someone email you.”
8. The world would be a better place if we all stopped caring what everyone else thinks about us.
9. The world would be a better place if we accepted people’s limitations rather than hoping for -- or expecting -- more.
10. Hands. Stomachs. Eyes. Brains.
11. "The universe was a place of wonders, and only habituation, the anesthesia of the everyday, dulled our sight." – Salman Rushdie, The Satanic Verses

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:38 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

1. Mmmm...Michael Vartan.
2. Every woman should wear heels more often...not only do they give you a sexy swagger, they make your ass look HOT as well as make you feel like a million bucks (providing they aren't causing blisters!)
3. well...after Googling (so no beer for me) I came up with the Judybats and Better than Ezra...i'm going to side with the latter...
4. I whole-heartedly agree.
5. I don't whole-heartedly agree. Sometimes things are better left UNsaid. Too many kind words and being upfront can freak someone out. I'd like it if it were otherwise but my experiences teach me different.
6. No opinion whatsoever
7. Damn. and I thought the little circle with the arrow on the end was the key to all my email happiness. Thanks for bursting my "refresh" bubble...the secret's out.
8. Again...agree. Well wait. If we didn't care about others and what they thought, there might be mass chaos because people could end up becoming more selfish than they already are. We should care A LITTLE...just not let other's opinions RULE us.
9. Some people call us all the time...some people email us...some text...others just think about us but don't act. I suppose KNOWING which category someone belongs in would simplify how we react TO them...
10. Not sure where to go with that one...but to quote my friend, Gary, who quotes someone else (yeah, we've all heard it):

The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

However.....

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

...I for one Pam Parker...adore your smile. ;-) XO

1:39 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

2. Today, I'm heels andblisters. Running late for 8am meeting meant running to 8am meeting = already forming blisters. Yay, bandaids.
3. Judybats, all the way.
5. Absolutely. I'm certainly not suggesting we shower a person with everything we've ever liked about them which might be the fastest way to send someone away. I meant more, like, if you think someone has a nice shirt on, it's nice to say so rather than just think it.
8. Good point.
9. I could go on and on.
10. That made my day. Thx! :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

p.s. keep your chin up -- it's all going to work out.
xoxo

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home