Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gluten-Free = Yuck.

So this new little "disease" I've been diagnosed with (why I put disease in quotation marks, I have no idea. It's a real disease. I hate when people use quotation marks incorrectly.) means I can never eat anything containing gluten again. What contains gluten, you might ask? Oh, everything good. Anything with wheat, barley, oats, or rye is on the forbidden list, so that means cookies, pizza, beer, biscuits... I was supposed to go out for biscuits a couple of weeks ago but it didn't work out and somehow I never got biscuits before I got the final diagnosis. So that sucks. Gluten is also used as a thickener in soups, barbecue sauce, other random condiments... so you never really know.

Well, right now I'm having some gluten-free fake Oreos. They suck. They're really, really, really bad.

This is awesome.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

How long do you have that disease for?

1:55 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

You're born with it but it can lay dormant forever. It's brought out by stress or trauma. (Awesome.) But once you have it, there's no reversing the process. You're stuck with it.

9:24 AM  
Blogger egyptiansally said...

i'm sorry, babe. this sounds simultaneously sucky and great... cant help but be jealous of you remaining thin from not eating all that stuff. aren't i terrible?
xo

10:22 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

It's the worst. We went for Italian food at lunch today and there was virtually nothing on the menu I could eat except a house salad. I ordered a grilled chicken breast & it came covered with pasta. And apparently I'm not to eat anything that even touches gluten products. It's a blast.

Eat lots and lots and lots of cookies. And love them.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home