a little update from an absent blogger
Here's the latest from when I last abandoned the blog because I'm not tired even though it's bedtime:
- My thyroid is actually more broken than before. This pisses me off.
- An article on Wired.com somehow convinced me to get a Twitter account. Are you supremely, dreadfully bored with absolutely nothing to occupy your time with other than make paper clip origami? Here you go: twitter.com/1000symphonies
- I had Sbux three times today. This is hardly noteworthy other than that's probably why I'm not remotely tired.
- Matt himself at Matt's Rancho Martinez personally cooked my dinner for me last night. If you don't live in Dallas, this likely means nothing to you, but it was pretty effing cool. One of the waiters even came by our table to tell me he didn't remember the last time he'd seen Matt cook.
- And, most importantly, I got a new job. This is worthy of major celebration.
A few notes on my new office:
Dogs come to work. They even come to meetings. It's cool.
There are plasma TVs on the backs of the stall doors (and, I'm told, above the urinals) in the guest bathrooms playing Office Space.
They have massage chairs (though I don't remember where they are. The office is many times larger and more confusing than my previous one).
They have a Ping-Pong table (and I know where it is).
And air hockey.
And a Zen room.
And a Wii. This matters to me not at all, but if I were a gamer, I'd be all over this.
And free *fountain* diet Coke (this means very much to me, the addict that I am).
Plus, the people rock.
That's about it from my corner of the world. Time for some Ambien! Just hours away from more Sbux...