Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Cursed at Chipotle


Last Friday, a worker at Chipotle called me a whore in Spanish. Or maybe a bitch.

Here’s what I did to be deserving of such slander: I asked Worker #1 (not the whore guy) if he would change his gloves to make my food because of the whole gluten thing. Worker #1 – who recognized me from my eating there and always having to do the glove thing – happily changed them and started my vegetarian burrito bol. But he forgot that he had to take it all the way down the line in his nice, clean gloves, and thus handed it off to Worker #2.

I panicked a little bit and said that the first guy needed to do it. (Okay, fine, it’s possible I overreacted a bit. It’s what I do.) So the bol went back to Worker #1. But Worker #2 wasn’t very happy with me and I know this because he spat out a word in Spanish that clearly wasn’t nice. I tried to apologize and explain but he wasn’t interested.

When I got back to the office, I asked around to see if anyone knew what it meant. No luck. That afternoon, a bunch of us headed back down to Chipotle for post-work margaritas. (Worker #2 wasn’t there.) I asked this group if anyone knew what it meant. One of my co-workers kind of sucked in his breath and laughed at the same time and told me that Worker #2 had called me a whore. Or maybe a bitch. But more likely a whore. A whore just for protecting my health.

I don’t think this is very nice.

So I’ve been weighing my options.

Option 1: Do nothing.
Option 2: Complain to the manager.
Option 3: Learn lots of bad words in other languages to call him when I go back to he can spend the day trying to figure out what they mean.
Option 4: Kill him with kindness.

If I’m a whore and/or a bitch, I’m certainly not kind, so option 4 is out. If I’m a whore and/or a bitch and go to complain to the manager, I’ll likely be at least a bitch to him (hopefully not a whore), and I like the manager so option 2 is out. The backbone of someone who turns tricks is questionable, but a bitch doesn’t let anyone push her around, so forget about option 1.

It’s time to start studying languages. And by “it’s time to start studying languages,” I of course mean, “It’s time to start Googling.” Let the name-calling begin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Perkunas said...

That's a tough one -- best thing to do is break his nose, but that has consquences that aren't so good. Forgive him for being a cabrone, I say. If it happens again, go to the manager.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you go learning other languages, how good is worker #2 with English?

7:16 PM  
Blogger .dater said...

this is an excellent point you make.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home