Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grackling

Last night I had the local news on because there was supposed to be a story on an American Idol fan going to some great lengths to get Sanjaya kicked off (hey, I get my real news online, okay?). And, though I managed to miss the one story I wanted to see (my hat’s off to that fan, btw), I did get to see the story on grackles driving customers away from a local business. Because of the proliferation of their “business.”

Here’s what got me: Underneath each person they interviewed who was frustrated by the grackles was their name and then “Dislikes Grackles.”

Several people in a row.

Mary Smith. Dislikes Grackles.

Bob Jones. Dislikes Grackles.

Sally Thompson. Dislikes Grackles.

Which begs the question: Is there anyone out there who does like grackles? Are there grackle fans living amongst us? People who walk beneath the grackles’ incessant, shockingly loud squawking and like it? And, more importantly, who walk both underneath and over Grackle Business and like it?

This very business is exactly why I leave all of my shoes outside my back door.

I may just watch the local news again tonight, not in the hopes that they’ll have a Sanjaya update (though they’re bound to have that – fingers crossed the story is he was axed), but in the hopes that one of these grackle lovers has come forward in protest of last night’s story.

Sanjaya Malakar. Likes Grackles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home