Friday, March 30, 2007

Coincidentally...

Last night was a coincidence-filled night.

Last night I went to a party at Fuse. Right when we got upstairs, I saw a guy across the room I recognized. It took me a second to figure out from where.

On Tuesday, my friend Aaron and I went to happy hour at Kona Grill. The patio was packed and there were no tables. A couple of guys in the corner seemed to be finishing up, so I went over, smiled, and asked if they would mind giving me a heads up when they were about to leave. One of them said, “Go ahead and sit down. We’re just waiting for our check.” So I sat with them and we made slightly awkward small talk and then they left and we got the table.

The guy across the room at the party was one of those two random guys from Kona. The guy standing next to him was the other guy. Turns out they both work in advertising – and one of their old co-workers just started working at my company a couple of weeks ago. Also – Guy #2 and I were pretty much wearing matching shirts.

A few minutes later, an editor we know walked in with his girlfriend.

Then I met a guy who is starting work at my agency on Monday.

Then a friend of mine ran into a friend of her ex-boyfriend.

Then we ran into the roommate of the ex-boyfriend of a girl we work with. (If that makes any sense at all.)

Then I met a guy who interviewed at my agency a few days ago.

Then we went to Trece and had $11 guacamole and $20+ entrees and $10 frozen blueberry mojitos. Which is not a coincidence at all. I just felt like mentioning it because the frozen blueberry mojitos were dangerously delicious.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, I found directions to fuse just the other day.

Jotted down on a "Dawson's Creek" note card, it had become a bookmark burried between pages I haven't referenced in ages.

11:50 AM  
Blogger .dater said...

Coincidentally, the last time you were at Fuse was the last time I was at Fuse... :)

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, brisket pot stickers.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home