Tuesday, January 24, 2006

perception

So we're in a concepting meeting at work today and I'm sitting on the couch next to my friend Jen. The entire meeting, she's bouncing her foot up and down, up and down, up and down nonstop. The couch is kind of bouncing along with it and it's driving me completely crazy. But I don't say anything because I'm generally a painfully polite person.

An hour later, she and I are talking and Jen says to me, "You were driving me crazy in that meeting. You kept fidgeting and rustling your papers and drinking your soda then putting it back on the ground then picking it back up again then you got up and left then you came back in and back with the soda and the papers..."

So I shared with her the bouncing foot annoyance. And the fact that I had to leave because I realized I had failed to give a copy change to my art director for a presentation tomorrow.

And then we hugged. Because we're girls. And girls are like that.

i can't help it - I'm a fidgeter.

I'm not sure that's a word.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devo is my art director, my friend, and often times, my shrink. We hug. In fact, I hugged him just today.

8:37 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Hugging is good. Especially in the workplace. Unless you work in a bank. Then it's probably just sexual harassment.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home