Monday, September 12, 2005

"Young. Old. Just Words." - George Burns

Today, I am 35.

I am 35.

I am 35.

I am working on saying that enough times until I come to terms with it. You can probably find me 364 days from now still repeating it.

Getting older is not that fun. Realizing you've continued to make the same mistakes over and over again and, seemingly, failed to learn from them is not that fun. Realizing you have a built-in fresh start every year is kind of, well, not fun exactly, but reassuring perhaps. So I'm reassured.

Getting an email from someone at work wishing you a happy birthday and asking if you're turning 25 is fun. Writing back and saying you're 35 and getting the response, "There is no way on God's Green Earth that you are 35" is hands-down awesome.

25. 35. Just numbers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

10:19 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

thanks! and thanks for being such an amazing friend. love you.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You have the same birthday as my mom. Los Angeles went dark today so that your birthday candles would burn brighter and it would be super more fun to blow them out. Hope you liked it.

1:13 AM  
Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Hey P.

Judging from the pics on your blog of you, I would have to say that your co-worker is correct: You don't look 35. You don't look like you are even in your late twenties. What do you eat exactly to make you stay this young? Or do we have to blame superior genetics for that one as well? Damn you mom and dad for your shitty-ass genetic pool. It made me look 25 ever since I was 17. Not that my friends minded when we were underage and needed liquor. Yay for Captain Morgan.Hmm..I sense I have slightly gone off topic here. Goddamn ADD. It's been acting up ever since my aderrall perscription expired, so now I am just..hey, do you wanna go shave a dog? Who likes cheese? Anyone?

Ehh..Sorry!

The point I was intending to make I think was going to be something about how you are only as old as you feel or something stupid and cliche like that. Instead the point I think I made- beside me needing an adderall perscription- is that Pamela, sweetie, you are a hottie. At 35 you are still a hottie, the same way at 25 you were a hottie and probably the same way when you are 45 you will still be a hottie.Add to that the fact that you are smart and talented,and you will realize that you have a pretty good deal. Not everyone gets that in Life, and you had it for 35 years and wil still have it for years to come, so stop whining about it and enjoy it while you can woman.

Oh, and one more time: Happy Birthday! :)

The Monkey is out!

5:08 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Sandmonkey: You're awesome.

Tai: I can always count on you... ;)

11:32 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Beck! Big hugs to you. xoxo

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home