Monday, July 25, 2005

Sally made me do it.

I explained to Sally that I work in advertising now and, as such, do not read books. She insisted I answer this anyway. Also, no one seems to be updating their blogs, leaving me with nothing to read (not books, of course), and I don't have anything interesting to say, so here it is.

Total number of books owned: Best guesstimate: I've got about 600 books in my house; quite a few more in boxes at my parents' house.

Last book bought: I made myself stop buying books because I have so many unread books, but I guess the last one I bought was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. (Bought mind you, haven't read.)

Last book read: Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This
Starting tonight (because I'm ashamd of my lack of recent reading): David Foster Wallace - Brief Interviews with Hideous Men

Five books that mean a lot to you (in no particular order):
Katherine Paterson - Bridge to Terabithia
Denis Johnson - Jesus' Son
James Frey - A Million Little Pieces
Anne Lamott - Bird by Bird
Paulo Coelho - Veronika Decides to Die

Off to read. Or clean my kitchen.

4 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

yay, you did it :) between you, tai, and tina, i've been able to write down some titles for some summer reading.

12:15 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Oh, good! Are you still in the States?

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a book called ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AN ORDINARY LIFE by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and it made me think of Pam because it is witty and strange and particular.

2:22 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Beck! I saw that book months ago and wanted to buy it, didn't, then couldn't remember the title. Yay - now I'm going to go get it at Amazon asap.

Witty and strange and particular. I'm flattered. Honestly. :)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home