Friday, July 08, 2005

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

“Well, who can believe this?”

Boot Camp is finally over. No one has to listen to me bitch and moan about getting up at 4:30 anymore unless I sign up for Boot Camp again. Which is pretty much never going to happen.

We did our second PT test today (the first was on Day One) and I am happy to report I improved in every area except push-ups and I blame that on our Wednesday morning weight lifting.

Overall assessment of the experience: Brutal. Across-the-board brutal.

But, in the end, good for me (I think). And now I’m in the swing of exercising which is good, because bikini season’s got a good two months left. I just think I'll go back to kickboxing. It's much more fun to kick ass than to get your ass kicked.

Most importantly, I made it through and only missed one day. Better if I had missed zero days, but, alas. I liked watching the moon hang around and the sun rise through the red & orange ozone layer over 75. Seeing the elephants (including a little baby elephant) all lined up across the street this morning, prepping for the upcoming Barnum & Bailey’s Circus, was pretty cool, too. I’ll miss getting ready at Abby’s and not just because it forces me to pick out my clothes the night before. (Abby, if you’re reading this, you better keep watching the news in my absence or I’ll have to move back in. Lulu, be a good girl. Keep working on that whole potty training thing.)

Farewell, Boot Camp. Who knew 4 weeks could last so long?

On the iTunes: "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" - Bowling for Soup
On Deck: Crazy ridiculous emails sent to me from randoms on My Space

3 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

i'm so proud of you!

i could never do this so i'm super amazed at your resilience :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

thanks! i'm so happy that my alarm is not going off at 430 tomorrow morning!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Tony said...

Good Job!

How has life been after boot camp? Did you learn skills and habits to use in the real world when you came back, ensuring further progress?

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home