Friday, March 11, 2005

Vegas, Baby

I just got back from four days in Vegas for my uncle's company's annual conference, and I have to say it was amazing. I've never heard so many tremendous speakers in succession -- one amazing speaker after the next, + I met some v. cool people. Our closing entertainment was Jay Leno, and we had rock star seating, so that was super cool.

Vegas itself: somewhat claustrophobic. We stayed at the Venetian, but all of the hotels are little mazes that send you in circles with no hint of daylight to be found. Sometimes you go stir crazy just wanting to see a piece of sky that hasn't been carefully painted onto the ceiling. Once you get your sky-fix, it's a lot easier to appreciate the beauty of the hotel. A sunken living room and two TVs within a stone's throw of each other? Not bad. Plus, TWO Coffee Beans in the hotel, one of which is open 24 hours. That's right -- a 24-hour Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I made sure to get at least one 24-oz. Iced Blended Vanilla a day. Made me miss California just a little bit more.

Some of my favorite quotes from the speakers:
"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." - Ed Foreman
"Expectancy of a desired outcome brings it about." - Ed Foreman
"People who think they know it all don't know that they don't know it all." - Jay Riffenbarry
"Don't be dependent upon good experiences to be happy." - Tim Sanders
"Long after people forget what you did, they'll remember how you made them feel." - Tim Sanders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home