Thursday, February 10, 2005

Survey 5, 3, 1...

Feel free to post your own responses as comments! See http://egyptiansally.blogspot.com for my dear friend Sally's answers...

PART ONE:
The Fives…
-5 movies you'd watch over & over:
1.When Harry Met Sally
2.Office Space
3.Kicking & Screaming
4.Clueless
5.Bridget Jones's Diary (but not Part II...)

-5 best concerts:
1. Rufus Wainwright at Billboard Live in Miami. Hands down.
2. The Strokes at Mizner Park in Boca
3. Barenaked Ladies at the Troubador in LA
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers in West Palm Beach
5. Jude in Austin

-5 best trips:
1. Disney World - all 4 times between 2001-2004
2. New York w/Mom & Dad at Thanksgiving 2002
3. St. Petersburg, Russia - June 2002
4. New Orleans (@ Easter)/Atlanta for conferences (tie)
5. Hawaii for conference

-5 material things you can't live without (or don't want to…):
1. Bonne Belle Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker
2. Curel/Carmex (tie)
3. TV
4. the Jetta
5. cell phone

-5 best gifts you've ever received:
1. I went out of town once & came back to find that Anthony hadcleaned my entire apartment. Definitely an amazing gift, especiallyif you'd seen my apartment before I left. :)
2. I once saw a framed pencil drawing in a Pottery Barn catalog (thatwasn't for sale) of a little rabbit with the words, "Bunny. Safe fromharm." Carrie recreated it for me and framed it as a going-awaypresent when I moved from LA.
3. I saw a painting I loved in Alexandria at a closed art gallery.Joel went back and got it and had it sent to me as a house-warmingpresent.
4. When I was in elementary school, my dad latch-hooked my name. :)
5. One time when I had a horrible sore throat, I was trying to tellMollie a story and she made me hot tea and said, "Take your time. I'lllisten," even though it took me forever to get the story out. I'vealways remembered that.
5+. When I was at the end of my rope, packing in Boca, and Mannyshowed up, took one look at my face, and said, "I'llbe back in half an hour to help you pack," then stayed for hours doing just that.

-5 guilty pleasures:
1. Reality TV (I know, it's terrible, but so very, very addictive)
2. Lemonheads by the bagful
3. The Internet. I know I've been on too long when I start searchingfor something to search for. Yay, Google.
4. Text messaging. Now that I've discovered it, I'm hooked.
5. Baja Fresh/Starbucks.

PART TWO: The threes…
-3 quotes you love:
1. "What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski
2. "Don't be afraid to write sh*tty first drafts." - Anne Lamott
3. "How do you make God laugh? Make a plan." – Chet, _Kicking & Screaming_

-3 favorite stores:
1. Target
2. Banana Republic
3. Paul Frank/Lucky (tie)

-3 days you'd repeat:
1. The day Neneh gave me her five-treatment spa day at Burke Williams. Heaven.
2. M.F.A. graduation day
3. 30th Birthday Party

-3 movies/TV shows you wish you'd made/created:
1. Showtime's _Out of Order_ (now available on DVD, FYI)
2. _My So-Called Life_/_West Wing_ (tie)
3. _Jesus' Son_

-3 books you wish you'd written:
1. _The Ragged Way People Fall Out of Love_ - Elizabeth Cox
2. _Jesus' Son_ - Denis Johnson
3. _A Million Little Pieces_ – James Frey

-3 songs you've recently downloaded:
1. "True" – Ryan Cabrera
2. "I'm Moving On" – Rascal Flatts
3. "Oh Happy Day" – The Edwin Hawkins Singers

PART THREE: The ones…
-1 thing you'd change if you could:
1. Most of the last two years I lived in LA. Not all of it, but alot. (Can that count as one thing?)

-1 thing you're proud of:
1. Pursuing dreams

-1 person (not in your family) who you admire:
1. Theresa. She's overflowing with love & I miss her very much.

-1 gift you'd give everyone you love if it were possible:
1. Tivo. :) Or, you know, love & happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home