Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Well, hello, blog...

I haven't posted here in months, but Sally's blog inspired me to start again. So I'm officially a Texan again. I moved to Dallas January 15 -- then left town a week later to go to Colorado Springs to work with my uncle on a book we're co-authoring. I've been back about a week and a half, and am slowly settling in. Unpacking goes forever. I still need to hang pictures. I have a gorgeous dining table from Crate & Barrel but not chairs, b/c once I'd bought the table, well... couldn't really see spending another $1000 on chairs. I'm thinking Target. :) Also need something to put my stupidly-expensive flat screen TV on instead of the $10 flea market table where it currently resides. Once I get all set up (which has to happen sooner than later -- I have houseguests starting 2/21), I'll post some pictures.

I'm missing spending time with friends, though I've gotten to spend a lot of time with my sister & her family, and that's been great. My niece Emma cracks me up. We "play" American Idol, where we audition for each other. On my first audition for "Miss Paula," as she calls herself, she gave some serious thought to my performance of "Lean on Me," then said, "That would be a yes. You're going to Hollywood." Adorable.

Tomorrow night, I have actual plans w/my long-time friend Christie; and another friend from home, Amy, is moving into the townhouse across from mine. So that will be good. Displacement is interesting. I've been displaced, really, since the end of June when I left Boca behind. Though, in theory, I'm settled, or on my way to being settled, I can't help but remain feeling residually unsettled.

I've been staying up way too late for no good reason. Can't seem to get myself to go to bed at any kind of decent hour. I'm holding firm to Ellen DeGeneres's advice: "Life is short. Procrastinate now."

So, for now, I'll go check each of my five email accounts again, see what else I can find that I feel like eating, perhaps wash some dishes, feed the bunnies, then consider the possibility of putting on my eye mask and calling it a night...

Or maybe I'll watch my Ellen DeGeneres DVD instead. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home