Tuesday, March 01, 2005

More Randomness

1. Lindt's Lindor Truffles are unbelievably, meltably delicious
2. Coconut Truffles taste like a tanning bed smells
3. In front of me are 3 empty water bottles, two diet vanilla Pepsi cans (1 empty, 1 half full), 1 empy fountain coke styrofoam cup, and 1 empty wine glass. I can safely predict I will be up several times tonight.
4. Five years to prepare or not, Conan is still going to be a weird fit in Leno's spot. (Though I do like that floppy hair and marionette dance...)
5. I'm fascinated by the fact that Sally knew the artist and title of the song that the chubby Dutch kid was singing at http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/lyle_24/myhero.html. I'm also fascinated by the fact that I felt the need to run to iTunes and download it.
6. Worst names for boys: Gomer, Herbert
7. Spearmint Lifesavers are addictive

And now, for some quotes from Kicking and Screaming:
Max: "Are you wearing mascara?" Otis: "No... yeah."
Girl: "You'd look really good with a nose ring." Otis: "Yeah. I'm probably going to get one."
Max: "Is that a pajama top?" Otis: "No... yeah."
Max: "I find myself writing 'wake up' and 'go to bed' on my to-do list as if they're two different things."
Otis: "I'm a little guy." Max: "...You're enormous." Otis: "But you know what I mean. I'm little. I'm small."
Max: "That was more of a yield at that stop sign." Grover: "I broke, thanks."
Jane: "Sometimes you can be such a child." Grover: "Yeah, but if I were a child you'd find that endearing."

And the best exchange:
Grover: "Ok, the way I see it, if we were an old couple, dated for years, graduated, away from all these scholastic complications, and I reached over and kissed you, you wouldn't say a word, you'd be delighted, probably, but if I was to do that now it'd be quite forward, and if I did it the first time we ever met you probably would hit me."
Jane: "What do you mean?"
Grover: "I just wish we were an old couple so I could do that."

Two good ones from My So-Called Life:
Angela Chase: "Sometimes it seems like we're all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It's good to get really dressed up once in a while. And admit the truth: that when you really look closely? People are so strange and so complicated that they're actually... beautiful. Possibly even me."

Angela: "Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart."

That's it for tonight.

xo

1 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

when they cancelled "my so called life" i couldn't believe it. i have the dvd set and every once & a while put it on and wonder how someone ever thought that show wouldn't make it.

don't you feel happy when you listen to dragostea din tei after having seen the boy's video? this is exactly what pavlov was talking about. well, maybe not exactly :)

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home