Friday, May 06, 2005

A Partial List, on May the 6th

Things That I Like
Mani/pedis
at Beverly Hills Nail in Highland Park
Ice cold diet Vanilla Pepsi
Text messaging
Having a full tank of gas
Chips & salsa
Word jewelry
The color brown
When XM does a good job of mixing songs
Getting off work early
Wishes


Things I Find Depressing
Lunch brought to work from home, especially if it’s in Tupperware
Leftovers
Waking up early on a weekend day
Going to the bank
Paying bills
Dressing up
Diets
Being stuck inside on a beautiful day


Things I Find Annoying
Vague responses
Hearing people chew ice
Hearing people click their fingernails
Stopping for gas
People who don’t do what they say they’re going to do
People who don't complete the loop
Headaches
Slow drivers in the fast lane
Bad songs on the radio
Getting yelled at when the person’s really mad at someone else

8 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

that's interesting-- i feel the same way about dressing up. why do we find it depressing?

4:09 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Maybe because it requires so much effort, and dress-up clothes aren't comfortable?

10:42 AM  
Blogger egyptiansally said...

yes, very uncomfortable. but i think it's also the anticipation while dressing up, thinking something exciting will happen, but knowing nothing really will.

i hate being bored when i'm dressed up.

2:54 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Ah, good point. I've got a wedding to go to tonight which means dressing up. Let's hope something exciting happens then it won't be for naught. :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger egyptiansally said...

how was the wedding? anything exciting happen?

11:56 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

SB: Excitement @ the wedding: We danced until 1? Yeah, that's about the heigh of excitment there. I did get to see a bunch of friends from high school, so that was nice.

T-A-I: I once saw a woman eating yellow pudding out of a tupperware with a plastic spoon while sitting at her desk. One of the most depressing scenes I've ever witnessed.

10:14 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I like mani/pedis at the Paint Shop on Robertson...
Brown is good, VERY good.
Don't have XM so I can't comment...BUT...I DO like it when my Ipod is on shuffle and the sogs order is fabu!!

I actually like lunches from home...just means I have money to spend on something else!
LOVE waking up early on a weekend day if it's natural and not by alarm...something about LA with no traffic that's beautiful
dressing up is depressing only if you have nothing to wear...otherwise, I feel like a princess

I agree on the whole "people not doing what they say" thing...ANNOYING

and getting yelled at by someone when you did nothing wrong and just because you are the nearest person at which to be yelled...sucky. ;-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

If I still lived in LA, Paint Shop would have been #1 on my list. The best mani/pedi I've ever had in my life was there. Second best? Highland Park, as listed. :) Making any best mani/pedi even better? Having it w/a friend.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home