Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Finally, Success

My friend Sam was kind enough to hook up my many electronics for me -- and worked tirelessly to make them all speak to each other -- yet stubborn TiVo did not want to cooperate. After many, many heated arguments between TiVo and me, TiVo finally saw things my way and decided to come back to life. Last night, for the first time since I left Florida last June (can't believe it's almost been a year), I watched my first TiVo-recorded show*. I could just kiss him. Welcome back, TiVo. I've missed you.

Now, if I can only get all of the electronics and the TV off the floor and onto their new table (which is halfway across the room), I'll really be getting somewhere. I'll have to work out a little more before I can do that kind of heavy lifting, but I am pretty impressed with myself for managing to get a 100-lb. heavy bag out of the trunk of my car last night, all my myself. Sure, my back hurts and I think I did something weird to my ankle while I was inside the trunk, shoving the bag out the passenger door with my feet, but by the time I get home from work today, I will have my very own bag to kickbox to my heart's content, and my old friend TiVo waiting to record American Idol.

*Though I will admit to American Idol, in the interest of self-preservation, I won't say what show TiVo got for me to watch last night. Take your best guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home