Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dreams Are Strange

I'm living in a huge run-down once-mansion/hotel in a foreign country. The country is being taken over by insurgents, but we are safe. Then we aren't. Vague bomb sounds come from the distance. Everyone tries to flee the hotel/mansion to find safety, and most succeed. I remember there is a child in a room and I go to find her. Her name is Bai Li and she stopped speaking and moving long ago. I know I have to rescue her because she will not rescue herself. She lies on a wooden bottom bunk in a darkened room, completely still, staring only at the bottom of the bunk above her. A blanket covers the window. I grab her from the bed. She says nothing; even her eyes remain silently blank. I run with her to a nearby closet and get in just in time. I slide behind the open white door hoping we will not be discovered. The door is flung open and I am afraid, but it is Bai Li's father. He slides behind the door with us, and I hope that he will be able to protect us.

4 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

eerie. i never remember names in my dreams. bai li... dream & name remind me of children from "the grudge." did you see it?

scariest part of your dream (as if affects me of course): the first 3 lines are very real possibilities of my life in cairo.

7:03 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Wow. That's totally true -- and totally scary.

I never saw The Grudge. What struck me about the dream was that I had to rescue a girl who would not rescue herself...

When do you come back to the States?!

12:01 AM  
Blogger egyptiansally said...

don't see the movie. it has contributed to my already chronic lack ot sleep.

so far i have a reservation for july 6th but trying to get the date moved up to june 30th.

8:27 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

I can't wait to see you. xo

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home