Wednesday, May 18, 2005

100 Things About Me

While roaming around random blogs, I discovered a handful of people who had made lists of 100 things about themselves. I decided to take up the challenge & even managed not to repeat a single thing from the "About Me" sidebar.

1. I was once the official witness to Ray Liotta’s will. I may still be.
2. I shave my legs every day. I never quite get my knees.
3. I bite the sides of my fingers when I am nervous or thinking.
4. “She has trouble acting normal when she’s nervous.”
5. Roadkill makes me sad.
6. I have had surgery thirteen times.
7. I am often a glutton for punishment.
8. I like to fix things. Like people.
9. I have a highly addictive personality.
10. Make me laugh and I’m yours.
11. Make me laugh & think and I’m really yours.
12. I am extraordinarily stubborn.
13. I have been known to hold a grudge.
14. I have been known to forgive too easily.
15. I played the piano for eleven years.
16. I type 100 words per minute.
17. I have carpal tunnel syndrome.
18. My kneecaps are out of place.
19. I sometimes glare at people and don’t know I’m doing it.
20. I frequently stare at people and don’t know I’m doing it.
21. I prefer to drink from a straw.
22. I read magazines from back to front.
23. I get along with men better than women.
24. I love to kickbox.
25. I have strange and vivid dreams and almost always remember at least one the next day.
26. I expect perfection from myself & others. This gets me into trouble.
27. I am ridiculously nosy. One of my nicknames: Pam Parker, Girl Detective.
28. A perfectly-crafted sentence can make my day.
29. I am an expert second-guesser & can analyze any situation to its death.
30. I must have something to drink at all times.
31. I collect old cameras.
32. I don’t care about chocolate all that much.
33. I can roll my tongue.
34. I can raise one eyebrow.
35. I can wiggle my nose like a rabbit. I could do this before I had rabbits.
36. I used to love Shaun Cassidy more than life & spent hours lying on my bed listening to “Under Wraps.”
37. Many years later, I worked for Shaun Cassidy. He gave me a signed Hardy Boys lunch box.
38. I tend to develop crushes on unavailable people.
39. There are few things better than a really fabulous make out session.
40. I hate gin.
41. I wish I knew HTML.
42. Sometimes I don’t think I’m cut out for this world.
43. Sometimes I wonder if everyone wakes up and says, “God, I hope I make it.”
44. I reside somewhere between who I think I should be, who I am, and who I really want to be.
45. I'm not sure any level of success will ever feel like success to me.
46. I am an excellent teacher, but I hate teaching.
47. Sometimes, I am extraordinarily impatient.
48. And irritable.
49. On those days, stay out of my way.
50. I remember the nightmares I had when I was four.
51. I was unprepared for how much I would love my nieces & nephews.
52. I have been known to dance naked in front of the mirror.
53. I am fiercely loyal to those I love.
54. My college roommate died five years ago. We weren’t speaking at the time. It’s not something I’ll ever get over.
55. I get attached way too easily.
56. I adore my big sister.
57. I am a sugar-addict.
58. “You don’t want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie.”
59. I am always making wishes. It makes me sad when I can’t think of anything to wish for.
60. On my computer right now are the beginnings of: my second novel, a business book, a movie treatment, a third novel, ¾ of a pilot, and three short stories.
61. When I was sixteen, I had a car accident with an 18-wheeler. The only reason I’m still alive is that he wasn’t carrying a load that day.
62. The accident was 100% my fault.
63. I like to take pictures, especially black & whites and Polaroids.
64. I worry about losing people and am often afraid that when I speak to or see someone that it will be the last time.
65. My favorite place in the world is my family’s lakehouse at Lake Brownwood.
66. I have been in love three and a half times.
67. I went to the National Spelling Bee when I was in 7th grade.
68. I am easily influenced.
69. But deep down I know what I want.
70. When email is down, I feel like my arms have been cut off.
71. I have panic attacks.
72. First kisses are nice. Second kisses are better.
73. I am very sensitive. I am also high maintenance.
74. I miss Los Angeles.
75. I sleep with my bedroom door shut and locked. Yes, I do think this will keep me safe.
76. I sing in the car. Loudly.
77. I hate getting out of the shower.
78. My friend Shauna & I won the 8th grade talent show with our duet of Styx’s “Babe.” I accompanied us on the keyboard.
79. Another act accused us of winning because we are white.
80. We did sing “Babe.” Perhaps they had a point.
81. I have problems with authority.
82. I clench my jaw when I sleep. I’ve broken two teeth doing just this.
83. I give people a lot of strikes before I count them out.
84. But once I do, it’s pretty permanent. I’m not proud of that. It’s just true.
85. I like reality TV.
86. I went to Career Day in 2nd grade as a writer. I wore my most comfortable clothes because I figured writers could wear whatever they wanted.
87. My 2nd grade boyfriend MB went as an attorney. Sometime in the day he made me angry as I was sitting up on the playground equipment and, as he stood there in his little suit, I kicked him in the nose.
88. I love the sound of a coke can being opened.
89. A 32-ounce Cherry Limeade from Sonic may be the world’s perfect drink.
90. I’ll never forget the first time my niece said my name.
91. Christmas is my favorite time of year.
92. I don’t think any of us gets enough hugs in a day.
93. I don’t call my grandfather like I should.
94. My first thought when I wake up: What did I do wrong yesterday?
95. A slightly-cool, darkened movie theater, a bag of popcorn, a large diet Coke with regular Coke mixed in + an excellent movie playing = perfect.
96. Someone I really like sitting in that cool, dark theater next to me = more perfect.
97. I am temperature-mental.
98. I don’t like bugs but I won’t kill them. Instead, I try to coax them onto a magazine so I can put them outside where they belong.
99. I don’t begin to eat like I should.
100. I do take Flintstones vitamins (complete).

6 Comments:

Blogger egyptiansally said...

LOVE IT.
I read magazines back to front too :) Maybe I'll do this on my blog and link to your post... I just don't know if I'll find 100 things to say about myself!

Glad to have you perusing blogs again, Houser.

12:34 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

Tai -- make the connections...

2:34 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

I suppose I see your point. :) Though I'm not sure how #51 fits into the melancholy?

Melancholy's a cool word.

Either you or Sally happen to see the comment I posted late last night and woke up and deleted? ;)

3:27 PM  
Blogger egyptiansally said...

pam, i remember there was a comment... but can't for the life of my remember what you said in it! any particular reason why you deleted it?

7:01 PM  
Blogger pamela said...

Yes. Sobriety sometimes brings you to a moment of clarity. :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger pamela said...

No reason to, I promise. :)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home