Thursday, March 24, 2005

Insanity...

or Something Strange Is Afoot in the Universe...
I'm under deadline to get the first few chapters of the customer service book I'm writing with my uncle to him tomorrow. So I'm at my office aka Starbucks pounding caffeine (that double shot business is surprisingly yummy) when my old boss from LA, Michael, calls to pitch a screenplay idea to me for me to write. I'm flying out to LA the week of 4/18 to give him my pitch back before proceeding with the writing of said movie. I'm also, btw, in the process of editing my second-cousin's book about her brother's murder. I take a panic-break to check my gmail and find that I have a message from an ad agency I interviewed with a gazillion years ago here in Dallas: They have a freelance assignment that they'd like me to do if I'm interested. I'm interested, I call -- and I now have a meeting there this Monday at 4.

Now the big question is not what I did to deserve all this work to come my way (though that's certainly a question to ask), but, rather, can I do it???

I'm reminded of David Rakoff's essay "Fraud"...

“The central drama of my life is about being a fraud, alas. That’s a complete lie, really; the central drama of my life is actually about being lonely, and staying thin, but fraudulence gets a fair amount of play.” - Rakoff, "Fraud" from his eponymous collection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home